Above Photo Copyright is retained by La Mamounia Hotel, Marrakech, Morocco all rights reserved.
An unforgettable 5 night holiday experience split between the medina in the old fortified city and in the beautiful Atlas mountain ranges for a unique adventure or romantic holiday in the “Red City”.
Once upon a time, nearly a hundred years ago, a legendary and luxury hotel was born…and 90 years later there is still not a single wrinkle to be seen at Marrakesh’s flawless La Mamounia as it continues to enchant, captivate and amaze the thousands of people who still come in search of luxury, peace and a little bit of magic since its opening in 1923… Inspired by the Arab-Moorish tradition that infuses so much of Morocco’s heritage, the architecture and décor of the deluxe hotel La Mamounia is that of the opulence of times gone by blended seamlessly with the comfort and style of modern luxury. Such a unique combination of style and tradition has attracted some of the world’s best-known historical figures and celebrities – from Winston Churchill to Princess Caroline of Monaco – all of whom have enjoyed many wonderful times here. And today, more than ever, the La Mamounia name holds a special place in the hearts of all who have visited her…young and old alike. Renowned as a place of glamour and haute couture, the leisure luxury hotel La Mamounia embodies the sensory splendors of exotic Marrakech with great discretion and grace, enduring as a beacon of Moroccan luxury and refinement.
Located in Marrakech in the blissful shade of the Koutoubia minaret, and just a stone’s throw away from the famous Jamaa El Fna Square, La Mamounia resort stands, majestic and serene. Close enough to the mesmerizing chaos of the medina, an intimate oasis of tranquility and peace.
VIRTUOSO AMENITIES RECEIVED WHEN BOOKING THROUGH PACIFIC DESTINATION CENTER
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability (for suites, upgrade at time of booking, subject to availability)
- Daily full breakfast, for up to two in room guests per bedroom
- $100 USD equivalent credit valid for Spa treatments OR on Food & Beverage, per room, to be utilized during the stay (Not combinable, not valid towards the purchase of spa retail products, no cash value if not redeemed in full).
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
In the late afternoon join your guide for a walk through the souks and historical monuments, starting with a visit to the Ben Youssef Medersa, probably the most fascinating and best kept Koranic school in Morocco, before finishing with a refreshing drink at the Djemâa el Fna,the heart of Marrakech. At dusk linger over a mint tea on the terrace and watch life in the square change.
This evening, you may wish to enjoy one of these unique experiences:
- Dinner in the desert with a quad bike and camel ride at the private camp in Agafay (50 minute journey outside the city in the desert).
- Side-car ride with dinner at the House of the Giants :(Avoid the tourist traps and explore Marrakech in a unique and exclusive way. Embark your vintage side car alongside your professional driver for a thrilling ride through town and the palm grove before arriving at Dar El Sadaka – Jean-François Fourtou’s magical house that holds unique artistic masterpieces, sculptures and more of his impressive art works, such as the House Fallen from the Sky. After exploring the property, enjoy your dinner at the House of the Giants, where everything is oversized, before heading back to town. Your ride is tailor-made to you and your interests, all the while keeping you off the beaten path. Although you’ll spend the majority of your tour exploring from the sidecar, there will be opportunities to get out and stretch your legs as well. Each sidecar can accommodate up to two guests from 2 to 99 years old.) Photo Courtesy of MarrakechInsiders©Simon-Saliot_4
For a visual description view these videos Videos courtesy of Insiders Group
Known as “the red city”, Marrakesh is packed with beauty, charm and culture. Enjoy a view of the snow-capped Atlas Mountains and the minaret of the Koutoubia mosque from almost any terrace in the city. Visit the many architectural attractions inside the medina, the old fortified city. The ornate El Bahia palace, with its gardens and tranquil courtyards, is a popular destination. Djemaa el Fna is the largest market in Morocco and the biggest square in Africa. Make sure to have a walk around the square in the evening when musicians, dancers, and story tellers fill the square. Wander around the many souks adjacent to Djemaa el Fna where you can buy everything from spices to shoes and teapots. Visit the famous Menara and Majerolle gardens or perhaps enjoy a ride on a traditional horse drawn carriage.
• Private Cooking classes followed by lunch cooked by you under the guidance of one of Marrakesh’s best chefs.
• Discover the pleasure of being looked after in one of the best Marrakesh hammams (steam bath) in the spa of your La Mamounia Hotel.
• Private guide and vehicle at your disposal for a very private tour of Marrakesh’s best shops and designers with appointments taken in private show rooms.
• Try one of the many golf courses in Marrakesh.
• Enjoy a balloon flight over the Berber villages near Marrakesh.
• Design your own perfume.
This afternoon discover wonderful Marrakech Gardens. You start with the Menara Gardens, where tranquility and comparative coolness makes it one of the most pleasant and romantic places for taking a stroll in Marrakech. Its large central lake was dug in the 12th century at the time of Almohade.
Continue to the Majorelle Gardens, created in the 1920’s by the French painter Jacques Majorelle. Built around a small Art Deco workshop and painted a bright blue, which is now named Majorelle and a very unique and special color. It also contains a memorial to the Algerian born French designer Yves Saint Laurent. He often visited the gardens to find influence and refuge, and following his requests he was cremated and had his ashes scattered there.
Balance of your day at leisure to relax and enjoy this stunning retreat poolside, at the spa or one of the many activities on offer.
Whether you’re looking to relax in the spa or experience a traditional Moroccan Hammam, soak up the sun by the swimming pool or hike the famous Atlas Mountains, there’s a whole host of activities to enjoy during your stay.
Dinner this evening is included. With an intimate fireside bar for pre-dinner cocktails and a stunning dining area complete with wonderful views, Kanoun Restaurant serves delicious local and international cuisine. The food served marries local produce and flavors and is served with a great selection of international and Moroccan wines.
Kasbah Tamadot is Sir Richard Branson’s magical retreat in Morocco’s Atlas Mountains. This 28 bedroom hotel is perched at the top of a valley with views up to Mount Toubkal and over to some of the traditional Berber villages that dot around the region. In fact, in the Berber language, Kasbah Tamadot means ‘soft breeze’. Everywhere you look around Kasbah Tamadot you will be surprised and delighted! From the unique design of each of our bedrooms and Berber Tents, to the exceptional customer service of our local staff, be prepared for a holiday like you have never experienced before.
VIRTUOSO AMENITIES RECEIVED WHEN BOOKING THROUGH PACIFIC DESTINATION CENTER
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily full breakfast for up to two in room guests per bedroom, served on the outdoor terrace
- 1000 MAD Gift Shop, Spa or Food & Beverage credit to be utilized during stay, per room (not valid on room rate or charity contributions, no cash value if not redeemed in full. For group bookings (5-12 rooms) and exclusive use, only lead couple will receive the amenity)
- Early check-in/4 PM late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
You will be immersed in a true cultural experience at Kasbah Tamadot and enjoy a 1 hour Mule Trek, tea in a local Berber House, a visit to the Eve Branson Foundation, a 1 hour Berber cooking lesson as well as Berber bread baking.
Day excursions by car: There are several options available, you may opt to visit the 12th century Tin Mal Mosque, one of only two Mosques in Morocco that is open to non-Muslims, or visit the Tadmamte, Ourika Valley and Kik Plateau to Moulay Brahim.
Stay Active at the Kasbah: There are plenty of activities to keep you entertained –
Asmoun Lounge -The lounge is equipped with a pool table, satellite TV, DVD player, music system and a fully stocked bar.
Tennis Courts – There are two floodlit Astroturf tennis courts and it’s one of Richard Branson’s favorite activities when he visits. Racquets and balls supplied. Tennis coach may be hired.
Work it out – If you’re looking to keep fit while you’re visiting, there is an air conditioned gym equipped with a running machine, bike, multi-functional weight station and free weights.
Heated indoor and outdoor pools – Take a dip in the outdoor infinity pool and take in the stunning views of the Atlas Mountains. If outside is a bit too chilly, try the heated indoor pool with its own lounge area.
Jacuzzi – Go for a cleansing session in the Hammam or relax in the outdoor Jacuzzi.
Ping Pong – Feeling competitive? Have a hit on the Ping Pong table located in the gardens next to the infinity pool.
Yoga – Relax and rejuvenate with an hour-long yoga class,Namaste!
Alternatively, you may opt to extend your holiday in Morocco to visit Casablanca, Fez and/or another Moroccan City, perhaps head to one of the gorgeous seaside resorts on The Atlantic Shore.
Pacific Destination Center Africa Specialists are here to help personalize your holiday for the Most Memorable Experience – Just give us a call at 800-227-5317, or email us at email@example.com with your desired destinations and focused activity wish list, or special occasion celebration and we will get started on your personalized dream holiday.
Phone one of our Africa Specialists at 1-800-227-5317 to start planning your Moroccan Holiday now!