Video courtesy of Vanuatu tourism
Vanuatu is an amazing, untouched and authentic archipelago of 83 islands in the South Pacific. There is a unique blend of intact tribal communities, resorts, beaches and geography ranging from accessible volcanoes to pristine underwater environments.
Vanuatu… has the richness of the Melanesian culture and the unique Bislama language… The accessibility to good snorkelling, diving and deep-sea fishing… the French influence… From culture to adventure, romance to diving, the magical Vanuatu Islands have it all…
Previously known as the New Hebrides. Became independent in July, 1980. Government – parliament elected by people, Republic of Vanuatu
Vanuatu means “Land Eternal”. Located north-east of New Caledonia, 500 miles west of Fiji and 1250 miles north of Auckland, New Zealand. Vanuatu has tropical rainforests, coral reefs, waterfalls, hot springs and crystal clear waters.
There are over 120 distinct languages and many more dialects. The lingua franca and national language is (pidgin English). The official languages are Bislama, (a pidgeon style of English and French.)
• International Airport in Port Vila, Efate (VLI)
• International services in/out via Air Vanuatu (NF). From the USA via Air Pacific (FJ) or Air New Zealand (NZ). Daily service from Brisbane & Sydney, Australia.
• All domestic airports served by Air Vanuatu
• Food – excellent restaurants throughout country with French, Asian influences
• Native grown meats (organic), fish and vegetables grown throughout country
• Friendly, safe, hospitable country. Tipping not expected nor encouraged
• Ni Vanuatu are religious, modest, unassuming and welcoming
• Business hours 7.30am-11.30am followed by the lunchtime siesta & then 1.30pm-5.00pm Monday to Friday.
• Restaurants, supermarkets, banks and the Port Vila Markets remain open all day. (Markets closed on Sunday)
• Climate – Tropical and generally pleasant all year. Temperatures in summer (November to April) reach the tropical 30os (86 F) and in winter (June, July, August) the average is 23o (73 F), making the climate balmy and sensuous.
• Visitors do not need vaccinations and the urban water is safe to drink whilst bottled water is readily available.
Showing all 2 results
- Africa & Morocco
- Asia & India
- Available Airlines
- Cook Islands
- Europe & Russia
- Hot Destinations
- New Zealand
- North America
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- South America
- Terms & Conditions
800-227-5317 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell us where and when you want to go and we’ll give your request our immediate attention! No high pressure sales, just straight talk and sound advice!