Photo Copyright is retained by the Moroccan National Tourist Office, all rights reserved.
This 6 day custom itinerary was designed to give you a taste of Morocco, which will include the imperial cities of Fes, and Marrakech with an overnight stay in the Moroccan Desert.
Fes is the oldest of the four Imperial Cities in Morocco. It dominated the country’s religious, cultural and political life for thousands of years and was the political capital of the country until 1912, when the French moved it to Rabat.
Afternoon you will have time to relax.
The city was founded in the 8th Century AD by Moulay Idriss I. The Imperial capital was a renowned center of medieval learning. In the neighbouring building is the Attarine Medersa (Koranic college), a jewel of Hispano-Moorish architecture, built in the 14th Century.
Your sightseeing also includes a visit to the Nejjarine Square, Fondouq (Caravanserai), Dar Batha and the Museum of Moroccan Arts.
Continue your visit to Fes El Jedid (New Fes), built by the Merinid Dynasty in the 13th Century. Here you will see the Royal Palace, mosques, medersas (schools), souks and the city wall. Most notably, Fes El Jedid is home to the Mellah, the old Jewish quarter, which provides an interesting insight into Jewish architecture. The medieval Medina is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Stop for lunch and then continue to the oasis town of Rissani to discover antique kasbahs. Then your journey continues off road into the desert on camel back.
The caravan will make its way across the desert dunes of Erg Chebbi to an isolated setting where your very private camp is set.
Enjoy an unforgettable evening under the stars. You will experience Bivouac cuisine, the traditional cuisine of nomads. During dinner you will discover the famous Gnaoua singers and dancers, and will be introduced to their culture made of magic, spiritualism and a deep African influence. Overnight tonight at an Exclusive Private desert camp.
This afternoon discover wonderful Marrakech Gardens. You start with the Menara Gardens, where tranquility and comparative coolness makes it one of the most pleasant and romantic places for taking a stroll in Marrakech. Its large central lake was dug in the 12th century at the time of Almohade.
Continue to the Majorelle Gardens, created in the 1920’s by the French painter Jacques Majorelle. Built around a small Art Deco workshop and painted a bright blue, which is now named Majorelle and a very unique and special color. It also contains a memorial to the Algerian born French designer Yves Saint Laurent. He often visited the gardens to find influence and refuge, and following his requests he was cremated and had his ashes scattered there.
• Private Cooking classes followed by lunch cooked by you under the guidance of one of Marrakech’s best chefs.
• Discover the pleasure of being looked after in one of the best Marrakech hammams (steam bath) or in the spa of your hotel.
• Private guide and vehicle at your disposal for a very private tour of Marrakech’s best shops and designers with appointments taken in private show rooms.
• Try one of the many golf courses in Marrakech.
• Enjoy a balloon flight over the Berber villages near Marrakech.
• Design your own perfume.
In the late afternoon join your guide for a walk through the souks and historical monuments, starting with a visit to the Ben Youssef Medersa, probably the most fascinating and best kept Koranic school in Morocco, before finishing with a refreshing drink at the Djemâa el Fna,the heart of Marrakech. At dusk linger over a mint tea on the terrace and watch life in the square change.
This evening, you may wish to enjoy one of these unique experiences:
- Dinner in the desert with a quad bike and camel ride at the private camp in Agafay (50 minute journey outside the city in the desert).
- Side-car ride with dinner at the House of the Giants :(Avoid the tourist traps and explore Marrakech in a unique and exclusive way. Embark your vintage side car alongside your professional driver for a thrilling ride through town and the palm grove before arriving at Dar El Sadaka – Jean-François Fourtou’s magical house that holds unique artistic masterpieces, sculptures and more of his impressive art works, such as the House Fallen from the Sky. After exploring the property, enjoy your dinner at the House of the Giants, where everything is oversized, before heading back to town. Your ride is tailor-made to you and your interests, all the while keeping you off the beaten path. Although you’ll spend the majority of your tour exploring from the sidecar, there will be opportunities to get out and stretch your legs as well. Each sidecar can accommodate up to two guests from 2 to 99 years old.)
Alternatively, you may opt to extend your holiday in Marrakech at the Kasbah Tamadot situated in the spectacular Atlas Mountains just a 45 minute journey,
OR choose to visit to Casablanca and another Moroccan City, or perhaps head to one of the gorgeous seaside resorts on The Atlantic Shore.
Pacific Destination Center Africa Specialists are here to help personalize your holiday for the Most Memorable Experience – Just give us a call at 800-227-5317, or email us at email@example.com with your desired destinations and focused activity wish list, or special occasion celebration and we will get started on your personalized dream holiday.
Phone one of our Africa Specialists at 1-800-227-5317 to start planning your Moroccan Holiday now!