This image is copyright to Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas & Six Senseses Laamu photographers Philip David Clark & Anthony Paul Clark
The Maldives offer some of the most luxurious accommodation imaginable from the size-able Villa infinity pools that stretch out over the ocean, to exotic beachfront retreats tucked among the lush vegetation of the island, or the stilted over-water bungalows that float above the crystal clear waters.
You will find an accommodation style to suit everyone’s style and budget range – all we need is your style preference, and we are sure to match you with some great accommodations within the island locations.
Here is a list of some of our preferred Maldive Luxury Island Retreats for you to explore. (click on the links below)
Six Senses Laamu is the only resort in the Laamu Atoll, deep in the Indian Ocean. Just an inter-island flight south from Malé International Airport and a short speedboat ride brings you to a place of unique, untouched and simple beauty. 97 water and beachfront villas are constructed
of sustainable materials and spread around the palm-fringed island paradise. Take a stroll on the Maldives’ largest over-water amenities facility, which includes two restaurants, a wine cellar, the resort’s signature bar, the dive center, an ice-cream parlor and retail boutique.
Six Senses Laamu has 97 beachfront and water villas, carefully designed to complement the outstanding natural beauty of the island. They offer privacy, coziness and luxury. True to the Six Senses’ philosophy of being in harmony with the environment, the villas are crafted from local and sustainable materials.
Six Senses Laamu’s dining alternatives have been designed to take the best advantage of the island’s idyllic beauty with panoramic views and spectacular sunrises and sunsets. The over-water amenities facility of Six Senses Laamu is the largest in the Maldives, offering many options. In addition, organic meals served around the organic garden on the island.
SIX SENSES SPA
Six Senses Spa offers nine private treatment nests, either with an ocean view or tucked away in the lush nature that surrounds them. Awaken the senses with locally inspired and Ayurvedic treatments, massages, yoga and fitness classes or workshops. Highly skilled Six Senses Spa therapists use a synergy of natural products to provide a comprehensive range of award-winning signature procedures and journeys, plus rejuvenation and wellness specialties of the region. Visiting practitioners offer guests lifestyle consultations and specialized holistic sessions.
• Explore the underwater world and enjoy the clear waters by diving or snorkeling. Water sports include kayaking, catamaran sailing, windsurfing and stand up paddling.
• Surf’s up! May to September is the time for the best waves. The YinYang Surf Break, the most famous break in Maldives, is only a few meters away from the resort. Daily boat trips are organized during this season.
• Early morning fishing, sunset fishing or big game fishing! Whatever the catch, talented chefs will prepare it to order!
• Guests can embark on a true Robinson Crusoe adventure to their own island for a day and enjoy a picnic on a deserted beach.
The resort also offers unique experiences such as private dining or cocktails on the sandbank, sunken table or candlelit dinners on the beach.
• Be inspired with an early morning breakfast as the sun rises, an evening cocktail watching the sunset or a barbecue dinner surrounded by the Indian Ocean, all on the privacy of the resort’s sandbank.
• Twice each week, a lobster and seafood barbecue is presented on LEAF beach.
• Comfortable seating is made of sand and a table is placed in a specially formed opening in the sand for a unique sunken dining experience.
• Private dining on the beach, just for two, creates a romantic candlelight experience.
• A sunset cruise embarks daily in search of dolphins, while guests enjoy a refreshing drink and canapés on board.
• At the wine cellar, wine tastings, wine dinners and wine pairings can be arranged. During a five-course menu prepared by the resort’s chefs, sommeliers select matching wines from around the world to accompany the dinner. Sommeliers can even suggest the best wines to pair with chocolate, cheese or canapés. Based on guest preferences, sommeliers will prepare a wine tasting of global vintages.
• The Den, a complimentary club for younger guests from 3 to 11 years old, also offers babysitting service with a charge.
• Cinema Under the Stars is movies in the open-air with popcorn and refreshments.
• The Library offers access to the Internet along with a comprehensive reading list and the latest in music and movies – to watch and listen anywhere, anytime on handheld individual units.
• Well-stocked medical clinic with a doctor on call 24 hours.
• Six Senses Boutique presents a range of signature items for carrying beautiful memories home.
Dusit Thaani Maldives encircled by white sandy beaches, a stunning 360 degree house reef full of marine life and a turquoise lagoon, this luxury resort on Mudhdhoo Island in Baa Atoll – Maldives’ first and only UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve – is just 35 minutes by seaplane from the capital city, Malé, or a 25-minute domestic flight and 10 minutes by speedboat from Dharavandhoo Airport.
The natural beauty of the Maldives forms the perfect backdrop for the facilities and activities on offer. Guests can dive and snorkel, swim in one of the Maldives’ largest infinity pools, retreat to the award-winning Devarana Spa with elevated treatment rooms among the coconut trees, or dine at one of our restaurants before heading back to the comfort of our Thai-inspired villas and residences.
Upon arrival at Malé International Airport, guests are graciously welcomed by our airport representatives and escorted to a special airport lounge, where an array of complimentary refreshments and light snacks await. Paradise is then only a short flight away.
Enjoy our superb mix of beach and over-water Villas & Residences. At Dusit Thani, the spacious villas and residences feature elegant and contemporary Thai interiors integrated with traditional Maldivian architecture. Each offers panoramic views over the stunning beauty of the natural landscape, connecting guests with the very best of the Maldives from the comfort of their own private paradise.
ENJOY GOURMET DINING IN MALDIVES
At Dusit Thani Maldives, culinary artistry meets relaxed barefoot luxury with a variety of fine dining experiences. With choices that range from international buffet to authentic Thai delicacies, these restaurants offer something for everyone among the natural beauty of the Maldives.
Our ‘Borderless Dining’ concepts allow guests to dine privately in incredible settings around the island with sumptuous menus tailored to suit any occasion.
The resort’s Executive ched Richard A. Thompson delights your senses with wine and dine experiences. With over 25 years in the culinary industry, spanning different continents, such as US, Asia and Indian Ocean, Chef Richard will heat things up to bring his culinary creativity to the menus throughout the hotel to provide a delighful gastronomic journey in the heart of the Maldives.
FACILITIES & SERVICES
At Dusit Thani Maldives, guests can enjoy an array of exceptional facilities and services that unlock the magic and the natural beauty of the destination. Strategically located in UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, indulge in world-class diving, snorkelling or a variety of conservation programmes with our resident Marine Biodiversity Educator.
In addition, guests can relax and while away the tropical days in one of Devarana Spa’s elevated treatment villas, at the large infinity pool or on the postcard-perfect beach.
Baros Maldives is a small island close to Male’ city and only a 25-minute speedboat ride from Male International Airport. Set in a turquoise lagoon with villas secluded in palm-shaded glades by a white sandy beach or perched over-water with private sun deck, with many of the elegant, sandstone and timber, palm-thatched villas have their own plunge pool and some have a spa bath too.
Every villa is private, has an espresso machine and a wine and mini-bar; in-villa entertainment includes a flat-screen TV and iPod dock. Guests can pamper themselves at the Spa or take a dip in the overwater infinity pool. Water sports and yoga are available; the resort also has a library lounge and free in-room WiFi.
A Villa Host is on call around the clock providing a discreet, personalized service making every stay hassle-free. The resort has both an EcoDive and a Marine Center.
Three restaurants cater for fine dining, sea-food and Asian delicacies and private dining can be arranged in-villa, on an isolated sandbank or on a deck over the lagoon. The Sails Bar serves drinks all day under the palms and there is a sea-view evening cocktail and cigar lounge. Room service is available for 24-hour.
HONEYMOON INCLUSIONS: Bottle of sparkling wine and chocolates, Honeymoon photo in photo frame, Candlelit dinner for couple (menu set by resort), Romantic bed decoration a special turndown service once during stay, $100 credit per couple per stay at The Baros Spa.
VALUE ADDITIONS FOR ALL GUESTS: Sparkling Wine Welcome on arrival, Daily breakfast in Lime Restaurant, Premium teas & Nespresso machine in Villas, Daily water & fresh fruit in Villa, 24-hour in-villa room service, In-villa check-in, 24-hour guest services, 24-hour laundry service, 24-hour library with pool table, 24-hour relaxation lounge with complimentary Internet station, 24-hour security, Boutique, CD and DVD library, Complimentary wireless Internet access in public areas and in all villas, A complimentary yoga class in the morning, on six days a week, 5 star PADI Dive Centre, 24/7 fitness center, Foreign currency exchange, Indoor games, In-villa spa treatments, Marine Centre with Resident Marine Biologist & Water Sports activities, Table Tennis, Luxury speedboat transfers, Full-time nurse on site and on-call doctor service, The Maldivian Lounge, Over-water infinity pool, open to all guests.
Pacific Destination Center Maldives Specialists are here to help personalize your holiday for the Most Memorable Experience – Just give us a call at 800-227-5317, or email us at email@example.com with your desired focused activity wish list, or special occasion celebration and we will get started on your personalized dream Maldives holiday.
Phone one of our Maldives Specialist at 1-800-227-5317 to start planning your Maldives Holiday now!