Cairns & the Great Barrier Reef
This bustling tropical city is the gateway to the Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef. From here you can discover the wilderness of Cape York Peninsula, cruise, snorkel or dive the Reef, or relax at a nearby golden beach.
3-night Reef Package begins your holiday in the exciting city of Cairns where you can wander through the Cairns Esplanade, lined with restaurants or wade in the saltwater swimming lagoon. Journey by Scenic Rail, an amphibious boat and Skyrail through dense tropical rainforest to experience colorful wildlife and Aboriginal Culture. Venture by high speed catamaran to the worlds largest coral reef, the Great Barrier Reef, even visible from outer space! Here you will enjoy snorkeling amongst countless species of vibrant fish and perhaps encounter turtles, view the array of coral life (over 600 types of hard and soft coral!) or just relax.
Recommended Hotel Selections for 3-night Reef Package
Shangri-La Hotel The Marina – The hotel frames the city’s foreshore, overlooking the Marlin Marina, Trinity Bay and surrounding mountain ranges. A short stroll to the Esplanade Lagoon and Pier Shopping Precinct.
Pullman Palm Cove Sea Temple Resort & Spa -Ultimate in luxurious, sophisticated accommodation and a tranquil escape, located right on the beach front in the south of Palm Cove.
Pacific Hotel Cairns – Features a magnificent Cairns Esplanade location with one of Cairns’ finest Brazilian inspired churrasco restaurants
Discovery Cairns – Centrally located to the city center and only a 5 min stroll to the famous Esplanade.
Paradise on the Beach Palm Cove – Centrally located along palm-fringed Williams Esplanade, beachfront accommodation just a coconut throw over the promenade to beautiful Palm Cove Beach.
Bay Village Tropical Retreat – Nestled among an acre of lush tropical gardens in the very heart of Cairns.
Cairns Harbour Lights Apartment Hotel – Overlooking the marina, situated on Cairns’ stunning waterfront with major shopping and restaurants within easy walking distance.
Travel between 15 Jun – 31 Oct is High Season in this region, a supplement will apply. Low Season or High Season rates will be quoted at time of booking, varies with hotel and special events.
Optional Tours to Enhance Your Stay
- Full day Daintree Wanderer – Luxury Small Group or Private tour by 4WD – with a river cruise, lunch in rainforest, guided walk through the World Heritage rainforest region to view ancient plants, amazing wildlife & insight into local aboriginal culture of the area, morning tea, swim in the fresh, clear rainforest creek and visit to a exotic fruit farm.
- Hot air Ballooning 60 min, champagne breakfast & transfers – daily fly over the Atherton Tablelands and Rainforest – amazing.
- F/D Frankland Islands – pristine Great Barrier Reef, world heritage location, for snorkeling straight from the beach, semi-sub tours to see amenones; giant clams; turtles & plenty of reef fish & coral; lunch on the island & coach transfers with commentary en-route from Cairns.
- 1 Day Diving – Certified Divers (Includes 2 dives, lunch & transfers) Full Equipment
- Full day White Water Rafting Tully River, Grade 4 rapids, BBQ lunch – ex Cairns
- Hartley Crocodile Adventures & Breakfast with the Koalas
- Full Day Tour to Cape Tribulation where you cross the Daintree River by car ferry to reach Jungle Surf (Zip Line)
- Canopy Zipline Tours – 5 lines over rainforest canopy -2 hours, daily departures ex Cape Tribulation
Phone one of our Aussie Specialists at 1-800-227-5317 to start planning your Cairns & Great Barrier Reef Holiday now!