The Capital – Nuku’alofa: You are moments away from the Royal Palace, the open-air market, handicrafts shops, the waterfront, duty free shops, the Royal Tombs and many fascinating sites. Take a scenic tour around the island to see the Blow Holes, Flying Foxes, Captain Cook’s Landing place, the first missionaries landing place, the Trillithon (Stonehenge), with His Majesty King Taufa’ahau Tupou IV’s discovery on its purpose at ancient times.
Game Fishing enthusiasts will find the waters teeming with challenge. Snorkeling is excellent in these turquoise and blue waters; visibility generally extends 20 to 35 meters. Full service facilities exist for scuba divers. Activities and tours to out-lying islands are also available .
Tongatapu & Vava’u
8 days/6 nights Sample Land Package
- Meet & Greet on arrival in the Kingdom
- 3 nights Tongatapu
- 3 nights Vava’u
- Half-day Scenic tour of Western Tongatapu which features The Royal Palace , Royal Tomb, Majestic Blow Hole, and Village of the Flying Foxes
- Roundtrip inter-island airfares between Tongatapu to Vava’u
- All transfers and baggage
FAFA Island & Vava’u
8 days/ 6 nights Sample Land Package
- Meet & Greet on arrival in Tonga
- 2 nights FAFA Island Resort
- 4 nightsVava’u
- Half-day Scenic tour of Western Tongatapu
- Roundtrip inter-island airfares from Tongatapu to Vava’u
- All transfers and baggage handling
Hotels we recommend in Nukualofa:
- Tongan International Dateline Hotel – Situated on the Waterfront – the largest, full service hotel with restaurants, café & bar. Swimming pool & 136 air conditioned rooms.
- Waterfront Lodge – Col0nial style architecture located at the beachfront – 8 rooms over top of Restaurant & bar. Boasts beautiful sea views, excellent service, high quality accommodation and arguably the most popular restaurant in the capital.
- Little Italy Hotel – Located along the Ocean view on Vuna road minutes from the Royal Palace, Talamahu Market, restaurants, businesses & town Nuku’alofa! 22 rooms, good service, Wi-Fi. The ocean view rooms have a private balcony with sensational views overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The restaurant offers authentic Italian food in an eclectic, vintage setting.
There is a wide variety of accommodation styles in the Kingdom, to suit all budgets and tastes. We can make recommendations.
Offshore Island Resorts
Only a short distance by motor launch from the wharf in the main town of Nuku’alofa. If you ever dreamed of a holiday on your own secluded south sea island with lovely beaches and turquoise blue waters – these islands are the place. You can feel like Robinson Crusoe and still enjoy the comfort of a first class resort.
FaFa Island Resort (Fafa Island)
A beautiful hideaway for those seeking peace and tranquility, empty beaches and turquoise waters with coral gardens. 14 beautifully appointed fales (bungalows), built in traditional thached polynesian Tongan style featuring a verandah, private facilities with solar hot water.
Restaurant on waters edge, unique Tongan/European seafood cuisine, a tropical cocktail bar, water sports equipment and friendly staff.
Royal Sunset Island Resort (Atata Island)
This island differs from others in that it has a village at one end, with the Royal Sunset Resort along an idyllic beach on the other end.
This resort provides the best in local entertainment, great friendly service, superb cuisine, relaxed and appealing bar. Here you will find all the marine activities associated with offshore islands. 24 fales are beachfront. Restaurant, bar, swimming pool.
There are no reviews yet.